You may pay your bill by:
- Automatic Bank Payment Plan
- Automatic Credit Card – VISA or MasterCard
- Credit Card – VISA, MasterCard or Discover
- Check or Cash
- Budget Billing
Payment Drop Locations
A drive through night deposit box for making payments to OPU is located at the Business Office in the parking lot on the South side of the main building.
Other drop locations include:
- HyVee Food Store Courtesy Counter
- CashWise Foods Courtesy Counter
- Lobby of Main Office (one upstairs by the fire extinguisher & one just inside the front door)
Automatic Payment Plan
The Automatic Payment Plan is available for your convenience through the Business Office. This convenient payment plan offers payment of your monthly bill through an electric wire transfer of funds from your bank account to OPU’s bank account on your due date. You will receive your monthly bill just as you always have, but you won’t have to drop off a payment or send in a check. Call us at (507) 451-2480 for more information.
Automatic Payment Plan HELPS:
- Save Time – Fewer Checks to Write
- Save Postage
- Meet commitments – even if you are out of town
- Eliminate forfeited discounts
Budget Billing Plan
Budget billing allows customers to pay the same amount each month even though the actual bill may vary.
- Establishment of 12 months consumption history
- Received no more than one termination notice during the prior 6 months.
On or Off Plan
ON – Call 507-451-2480
OFF – At any time a customer may request to be taken off the plan by notifying the Utilities. When a customer comes off budget billing, the accounts receivable balance becomes due. If the account shows a credit, it may be refunded to the customer at the customer’s request.
The monthly amount is the average of the total prior 12 months billing. The budget payment amount is adjusted for Utility rate changes when applicable.