Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas released from natural gas appliances, such as furnaces and hot water heaters.  With proper maintenance and inspection of these appliances, and by installing CO detectors on each level of your home, you can avoid dangerous or even deadly hazards associated with this gas.

If you or your family show signs of CO poisoning, such as headache, dizziness, or nausea, and if your CO detector  is going off, get to fresh air and contact OPU immediately and we will come to your residence, at no charge, to check for any unsafe levels of CO. 

Symptoms of COVID19 are very similar to CO poisoning, so if you or your family have these symptoms and your CO detector is NOT going off (or you don’t have a CO detector), call 911.  They will assess the situation and call us if needed.  

Visit this website for more information. 

The Silent Killer, Carbon Monoxide (CO)

When the temperatures start to drop, the heat gets used more, and you are spending more time in doors, these actions increase your risk of being exposed to Carbon Monoxide poisoning…more…

Carbon Monoxide Frequently Asked Questions