Gas/Water Engineering Technician
The Owatonna Public Utilities (OPU) has an opening for a Gas and Water Engineering Technician. This position performs field engineering, staking and inspections on the Natural Gas and Water Systems. Assists in gas/water designs, layouts, and drawings using a computer aided drafting program.
Qualifications for this position are the following:
- Two (2) Degree/Certificate in an Engineering field is required such as Civil Engineering
- Job Experience at a gas or water utility company is preferred.
- Valid Minnesota Class “D” Drivers License is required.
- Proficient operation and knowledge of a computer aided drafting program is required. OPU uses “Auto CAD”.
- Experience with ESRI and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- Working knowledge of natural gas and water design code and construction plans is a plus.
Ability to interpret construction/architectural plans is a plus.
See the complete job description for more information.