Owatonna Public Utilities is seeking a journey lineworker. The successful candidate will safely perform electric distribution system construction and maintenance work on an electric de-energized and energized 12,700 volt distribution system serving 12,000+ customers. Assists in the training and instruction of Apprentice Lineworkers. Provides timely restoration of electric services to customers.
Qualifications for this position are:
- Electric Lineworker Technical Certificate/Degree is required.
- Two (2) years performing electric distribution system construction and maintenance work as a Journey Lineworker at an electric utility company is required.
- Minnesota Class “A” Commercial Drivers’ License is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel is desired.
- Work experience with Aerial Lift truck, Digger Derrick truck, trencher, skid loader, trench box, mini exavator 2-way radio is desired.
- Position is on stand-by rotation with a 20 minute response time requirement.
Fill out and sign an application (0.2 MB) and all the appropriate forms (53 KB) and return to OPU’s Human Resource Department. Salary range is $37.35/hr – $42.08/hr. Applications will be reviewed as received. Position is open until filled.
See the complete job description for more information.