The Owatonna Public Utilities, supplier of electricity, water, and natural gas services in Owatonna, Minnesota is seeking qualified candidates for the position of General Manager/CEO. Candidates must have experience in the utility industry including operations, organizational management, strategic planning, and financial management. Candidates should also possess exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and have a personal commitment to providing excellent customer service. Experience in employee engagement, marketing and knowledge of engineering principles is a plus. The General Manager/CEO reports to an appointed board of commissioners and is responsible for carrying out all board policies and directives. A bachelor’s degree in public administration, business, engineering, finance or equivalent and 5-10 years senior level management experience in a municipal public utility with more than one commodity is preferred. OPU’s compensation and benefits are competitive and will be dependent upon qualifications and experience. An Opportunity Profile for this position is available upon request; see e-mail below. Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume no later than September 14, 2018 to:
Owatonna Public Utilities
P.O. Box 800
208 S. Walnut Ave.
Owatonna, MN 55060
Owatonna Public Utilities is seeking a journey lineworker. The successful candidate will safely perform electric distribution system construction and maintenance work on an electric de-energized and energized 12,700 volt distribution system serving 12,000+ customers. Assists in the training and instruction of Apprentice Lineworkers. Provides timely restoration of electric services to customers.
Qualifications for this position are:
- Electric Lineworker Technical Certificate/Degree is required.
- Two (2) years performing electric distribution system construction and maintenance work as a Journey Lineworker at an electric utility company is required.
- Minnesota Class “A” Commercial Drivers’ License is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel is desired.
- Work experience with Aerial Lift truck, Digger Derrick truck, trencher, skid loader, trench box, mini exavator 2-way radio is desired.
- Position is on stand-by rotation with a 20 minute response time requirement.
Fill out and sign an application (0.2 MB) and all the appropriate forms (53 KB) and return to OPU’s Human Resource Department. Salary range is $37.35/hr – $42.08/hr. Applications will be reviewed as received. Position is open until filled.
See the complete job description for more information.