The Owatonna Public Utilities (OPU) has an opening for a Meter Serviceworker. Duties of this position include the collection, transfer and editing of meter readings from the field to billing. Inventory, install, replace, test, calibrate and repair all devices involved with the measurement of electricity, water, natural gas including Advance Metering Infrastructure (AMI) as OPU is transitioning to AMI. Responds to customer service calls regarding metering issues, as well as, performs disconnection of utility services.
Qualifications for this position are the following:
- 2 Year Technical College degree is require, ie. metering, electronics, electricity, natural gas, or other related degree.
- Work experience with an AMI metering at a Utility is desired.
- 2 years work experience in the utility metering field is required. Other combinations of training and/or documented experience will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of computer fundamentals to include windows operating system. Proficient at Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of blue prints & schematics; used for testing & maintaining meters.
- Minnesota Class “D” Drivers License is required.
- Valid Class “D” Minnesota Drivers License is required.
If interested please fill out and return an application and these applicable forms to: OPU Human Resources Department
Position is open until filled. Applications will be processed as they come in.
See the complete job description for more information.