IT Infrastructure Administrator
The Owatonna Public Utilities (OPU) has an opening for an IT Infrastructure Administrator. The primary function of this position is the design, documentation, analysis, implementation and administration of the OPU’s server infrastructure, network infrastructure and all supported computerized systems/hardware providing a secure/reliable foundation on which all OPU systems rely. The OPU environment incudes technologies such as Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory, Cloud-based systems (Office 365), Microsoft System Center, Microsoft InTune, Microsoft Hyper-V, Device Encryption (BitLocker), Mobile Device Management, Cisco Networking, VoIP Systems, Cluster, DR Systems (Veeam), SQL/SSRS, PowerShell scripting and Storage Area Network (SAN) systems.
Qualifications for this position are the following:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or 2-year Associates Degree in Computer Science.
- Certifications in Networking, Information Security or similar desired.
- Experience: Two (2) years’ work experience in IT with a BS Degree in Computer Science. Four (4) years’ work experience in IT with a 2-year Associates Degree in Computer Science.
- IT Skills: 5+ years’ experience with Windows client/server administration.
- 3+ years’ experience with enterprise networking equipment (Cisco/HP/Meraki routing/switching.) 3+ years’ experience with next gen firewall configuration.
- 2+ years’ experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare/Hyper-V or similar). 2+ years’ experience with enterprise storage systems (EMC/NetApp SAN and/or or NAS).
- 1+ year experience with clusters (firewalls/databases/servers/storage systems). 1+ year experience with vulnerability assessment software (Nessus/GSA/Rapid7 or similar). Experience in scripting languages preferred (PowerShell/VBscript/Bash/Batch).
- Knowledge of the utility industry is desired.
If interested please fill out and return an application and these applicable forms to: OPU Human Resources Department
Position remains open until filled.
See the complete job description for more information.